The history of the Chronograph
The first chronographs were invented in the early 19th century. These chronographs were designed to serve as stopwatches, to allow people to accurately track the length of time it took for something to begin and end. Now, there are numerous stopwatches available, including digital stopwatches and smartphone apps. However, the chronograph still remains popular due to the elegance of its design and the fine watchmaking skill required to build it. A timepiece with a chronograph is a timepiece that is ready to handle stops and starts even to the fraction of a second.
Chronograph watches from the Carl F. Bucherer collections
Explore some of the chronograph watches featured in the Carl F. Bucherer collections:
- The?Patravi TravelTec, a GMT watch designed to keep track of time in three different time zones
- The?Patravi TravelTec 4X, a sportier version of the original?Patravi TravelTec
- The?Patravi TravelTec 4X Limited Edition, which presents the?4X?watch in an 18 K rose gold case
- The?Patravi ChronoGrade, a chronograph watch with a retrograde hours counter available in numerous variations including an 18 K rose gold bracelet, a hand-stitched Louisiana alligator skin strap, or a stainless steel bracelet and case surrounding a blue watch face
- The?Patravi ChronoDate?and?ChronoDate Annual, which add big dates and calendars, respectively, to the chronograph watch
- The?Patravi TravelGraph, a sporty watch that tracks time in two timezones
- The?Patravi T-Graph, an angular timepiece that includes a bidirectional power reserve function
- The?Manero ChronoPerpetual, a classically-styled chronograph watch that also features a tachymeter and a moon phase tracker
- The?Manero CentralChrono, a sleek timepiece with a chronograph as well as a central minutes counter
A history of fine Watchmaking
It takes a master watchmaker to build a chronograph, and the Carl F. Bucherer firm has spent years developing its expertise in fine watchmaking. Learn more about the watches in the Carl F. Bucherer collection, including its chronograph watches for men and women.